Welcome to Sportstables.org, where you’ll find the best reviews of all things sporting tables. We’ve got everything covered, and whether you are a recreational or professional player, we are here to give the latest inside reviews and best insight into all aspects of your chosen sport.
If you already know what you’re looking for, feel free to click through onto your chosen sporting table. We have ping pong tables, American Pool – billiard tables, shuffleboard tables, foosball tables, air hockey table and snooker tables all covered for you.
Sportstables.org was formed by a group of individuals who have played these games for the majority of our lives, from local competition standard up to international level. The idea to share our knowledge and experience of our favourite games came back in 2016 when a few of us were speaking together, leading to the creation of sportstables.org and the rest as they say, is history!
From the beginning, our aim was to personally test all of our reviewed items, and to provide anyone visiting our site with regularly updated content. We hope you find our reviews useful on all the latest accessories and must have items for your ping pong table, American pool billiard table, foosball table, air hockey table, snooker table and shuffleboard tables alike.
Our in house testing systems have been perfectly honed with the end-user in mind and, as mentioned above, all our reviewed items have been tested by several team members. We have either purchased (budget allowing), borrowed or rented each item, and spent our own time using all of the products in order to give you the best insight and information at hand to make your purchasing decision. We will continue to regularly update our blog with our latest trials and product reviews, so be sure to stay in touch.
At Sportstables we also understand that whether you are a recreational or elite player, you deserve to have the best insight into the whole range of available products. Whether you are looking for a beginners or a professional, top of the range table, we are here for you. Because of our varied backgrounds and playing experiences, we are able to deliver a range of reviews covering all budgets and abilities. If you come across a ping pong, billiard, foosball, air hockey, snooker or shuffleboard product that we haven’t reviewed, then why not get in touch with us and we will be more than happy to review this for you.
In summary – Welcome to our review site, thank you for joining us and, whatever your level of play or reason for visiting us today, we hope you find what you are looking for and have as much fun as we have when playing these fantastic sporting table games.
What sports tables do we review?
Already know what you are looking for? Why not click through to our designated pages here:
Still unsure on what game is for you? Want to know a few reasons why these fantastic table sports are played world-wide, then why not read below to help you decide which sporting table to purchase today:
Why play ping pong?
Ping pong, or table tennis as it is also known, started from very humble beginnings as a “parlour sport”, progressing on to holding its first World Championships in 1927, and being included in the Summer Olympics in 1988. There are many benefits to playing ping pong, including the enjoyment and social aspect of playing a quick and relatively easy sport between friends. It is also well known for its low impact nature, and referred to as a lifetime sport, as it can be played by all ages. A great investment we would say!
The benefits of playing ping pong are universal and can be grouped into the following categories:
Everyone has to start somewhere, so why not look into purchasing your first table today click here and see how far you can go.
Why play American Pool – billiards?
Billiards, relatively speaking, means a sport played with a cue stick used to strike balls into cushioned pockets on a table. The sport has developed over many years, with numerous different sets of rules and styles of play. Brought down to its core, the game is a brilliant way to spend time honing a skill that can either be used to hustle friends or settle family feuds. Any investment in a billiards table would last for the long term, and would fulfil your leisure time for many years to come.
The benefits of playing billiards are universal and can be grouped into the following categories:
Why not look into your buying your American pool table today and checking out our reviews here
Why play foosball?
Foosball, or table football as it is also known, originated in the United Kingdom around 1920. The sport of Soccer was expanding and fast growing in popularity and it was believed that people would want to have the opportunity to play “the beautiful game” in their own homes. Lawrence Patterson is renound for bringing Foosball to the United States in the 1950’s, and its popularity has gone from strength to strength ever since. Whether you are looking to invest in a table for your home, bar or team environment, it will certainly bring a lot of smiles to the players at your table.
The benefits of playing Foosball are universal and can be grouped into the following categories:
Why not look into your buying your foosball table today and checking out our reviews here
Why play Air hockey?
Air hockey is a traditional arcade game which is played between two players, striking a puck on a low friction table. Goals are scored by striking the puck into your playing partners slotted goal, usually at either end of the table. Air hockey tables were created to replicate the feeling of playing Ice Hockey, and the highest quality tables have tiny holes on the playing surface to reduce friction allowing for a higher speed of play. Cheaper air hockey tables utilize a plastic surface to create the same effect. These tables used to only be available in game center arcades but are now widely available to bring into your home, which is fantastic news for all fans of the game.
The benefits of playing Air Hockey are universal and can be grouped into the following categories:
There are lots of things to consider when looking to buy your air hockey table, so why not look into our reviews by clicking here today before buying your air hockey table
Why play shuffleboard?
Shuffleboard has made somewhat of a renaissance in recent years and is now a funky, trendy game which is a far cry from its historical image of an old mans’ sport. There are now clubs all over the world and people of all ages looking to master this game. Florida has a particulary vibrant shuffleboard community with various clubs playing competitive shuffleboard on a daily basis. The famous St. Pete club would certainly be worthwhile checking out if in the area. The aim of the game is relatively simple and involves shooting a disc into a scoring area at the back end of the table, with different zones worth different scores. Regular players become masters of strategy and are always thinking many shots ahead their current one, with the game constantly challenging even the best players.
The benefits of playing Shuffleboard are universal and can be grouped into the following categories:
1. Fantastic fun … Shuffleboard tables are a great way to spend time, whether you are practicing on your own, playing against an opponent or playing as part of a team. Depending on how many rounds or to how many points you are playing, the game is never over until its over and holds players’ interest throughout the match.
2. Variation of rules and way to play … Whilst the game can be played as the regular 1v1 or 2v2 it also has many forms of play and can be a very casual/spontaneous game. Different countries and clubs will have different rules, allowing players a chance to adapt and hone their skills across many different testing curcumstances. Another fun game is a “one puck shoot” where player have one shot to shoot as far down the table as possible, with the furthest shot taking the prize or prize money.
3. You will be a hit with the “in crowd” … The game has recently been voted London’s biggest growing sport by an English newspaper. Shuffleboard is also appearing all across the USA now with everyone getting a chance to play this brilliant and newly trendy sport.
Want to join in one of the fastest growing table sports in the world at the moment? Why not look into your buying your Shuffleboard table today and checking out our reviews here
Why play Snooker?
Snooker is a game played on a rectangular table which involves the use of a cue to pot different coloured balls worth different scoring points. Snooker has its own world championship and is played by professionals around the world all year long. There have been many famous players, but Joe Davis was an early influencer with Ronnie O’Sullivan more recently taking on this mantle. The game has also experienced a recent surge in Asia and is now particularly popular in China. The objective of the game remains simple and your aim is to score more points than your opponent. So whether you are new to the game, looking to bring a table to your business or just researching the “gentlemans sport” thank you for reading our reviews and good luck with your Snooker career.
The benefits of playing Snooker are universal and can be grouped into the following categories:
1. Mental stimulation … Snooker has recently been commended for its ability to stimulate the brain and allow participants to escape from the pressures of everyday life. Snooker involves constant mental calculation whether you are up at the table or waiting for your next shot. It is the constant decisions and tactics that make a snooker table a great way to pass time.
2. Professional sport … There are numerous professional players now making a living out of playing snooker all around the world. If you have the talent including a steady hand, then who knows where your playing could take you?
3. Flexibility & Agility … Whilst this wouldn’t be a sport renouned for its physical exertions, snooker does hold physical benefits which should be considered when purchasing your snooker equipment. A game can last a long time and there will be plenty of walking involved, as well as a degree of flexibility to move the body into different positions required to take your next shot. Keeping active is a key throughout life ,and snooker can certainly play its part in this for any player.
Why not look into your buying your snooker table today and checking out our reviews here
Why play Poker?
Poker is another card table game which has enjoyed a recent resurgence for a variety of reasons. The world series of poker has continued to gain a following, and the prize money involved is staggering. At a local level, casinos and private tournaments and games are rife, with Pokers’ following showing no signs of slowing down. Tables are a statement in themselves, and including one in your games room would certainly lead to you and your friends enjoying many nights in playing a competitive, highly skilled game of Poker.
The benefits of playing Poker are universal and can be grouped into the following categories:
1. For the beginner … a fun way to play a game for money, which should always be played responsibly. It can also be a great way to meet some pretty cool people at the table, with everyone keen to tell their own stories – although believe them at your peril, and always be aware of the “poker face” bluff
2. For the regular player and semi professional … You can almost start to think of this as a way of making money and thinking like an entrepreneur. Every move is a chance to out manoeuvre your opponents, with risk and reward very much at the heart of every play.
3. For the professional … Well, what a lifestyle awaits you. As a successful poker player you could really make a fantastic living, either by playing yourself or funding other like-minded successful players to play on your behalf resulting in a business model with you at the top collecting each of your players commission. Again, there is always risk and reward, but everyone must start somewhere!
Why not look into your buying your Poker table today and checking out our reviews here. Could you go from having a poker table in your home, to playing and winning the WSOP World Series of Poker?!